Shakhtar will play against Dynamo in Warsaw or Lviv
FC Shakhtar Commercial Director Dmitriy Kirilenko told about preparation of the club for the match and possible locations of the home match of the Miners against Dynamo.
– Dmitriy, it was said earlier that Shakhtar vs Dynamo match on the UPL MD7 may be held in London. Is there any decision already?
– Unfortunately, after lengthy negotiations, it was decided not to hold this match in the capital of Great Britain. We did our best and had a huge desire to implement this initiative, but the circumstances were different and didn’t allow us to play against Dynamo in London.
– How were negotiations regarding this match held?
– We got the consent from all participants of this event at the first stage: our opponent, the UPL, the UAF. Then we started negotiations with West Ham stadium and other clubs at the same time. Even at that time, the English had concerns that a month is not enough to prepare for such a match. But we continued negotiations anywhere. Unfortunately, a tragedy happened paralyzing the entire Great Britain, Queen Elizabeth II died. Process was stopped for two weeks.
– Did you have any alternative arrangements?
– Now we continue negotiations. In addition, we tried to make an agreement with Chelsea regarding holding of the match at the Stamford Bridge, but it is impossible to organize such event on top level during such short period. Even the English said us that it is difficult to do.
– What was the main difficulty?
– We did not have enough time. It is impossible to organize a match on top level during such period. Besides, we planned to transfer the proceeds from the match to United24 foundation, but we do not see a possibility to receive profit taking into account very high expenses and the circumstances listed above.
– May the stage two match between Dynamo and Shakhtar be played in Great Britain?
– Undoubtedly! If Dynamo want to hold their home match against Shakhtar in London we are ready to help them in every way. We already have some knowledge that we want to share, because the main goal of this match is to help Ukraine. We want to thank Dynamo Kyiv, as well as the UAF and UPL, for their consent. Besides, we thank the Ministry of Sports of Ukraine in the person of Minister Vadym Gutzeit and United24 ambassador Andriy Shevchenko for support of our initiative, assistance and promptness.
– Where will Shakhtar host Dynamo within the Ukrainian League on October 15?
– Now we don’t have a final answer to this question. We consider two variants: Warsaw or Lviv.